Hoof Prints
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training

4 posters

Go down

Training Empty Training

Post  Horse Lover Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:54 am

Did any of you already trained a horse?? I mean like training a 2-3years old horse?

I never trained but was the first one to sit on the horse! Surprised I was super happy when my coach ask me that! Very Happy Now I really love whisky and we plaining on showing togerter this year! Razz he is now 2, turning 3.

Any experience to share with us? bad or good? Razz
Horse Lover
Horse Lover
Admin
Admin

https://hoofprints.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Training Empty Re: Training

Post  Fancy's Joe Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:04 pm

Ha ha, Joey was about 3 when I bought him. I sent him for one month of training but now I'm pretty much training him myself with the help of my friends/riding instructor Cool

Last edited by on Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fancy's Joe
Fancy's Joe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

http://www.fancysjoe.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Care To Jazz? Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:15 pm

I helped train a 2 yr old filly to lunge, accept the saddle, accept the bridle and bit. I also brought her for in-hand walks in the trails and practised the "woah". Sadly I had to leave the barn right before she was backed. Another lady replaced me and trained her undersaddle. I'm going to go see her soon and probably ride her =) Haven't seen her in two years.

Jazz was a nutcase. He was trained basically under saddle but I pretty much taught him everything else haha so i guess i can take credit for that! Very Happy

I used to ride other people's horses and perfected things here and there.

I'd love to take on a youngster some day. I almost bought a 2 yr old filly but had to resist, I just can't part with Jazz...
Care To Jazz?
Care To Jazz?
Moderators
Moderators

http://www.care-to-jazz.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kat399 Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:27 pm

I trained my Coach's personal horse. She was 3 when we got her and very green, had just been ridden bareback a few times. I worked her 4 times a week for free lessons and she's wonderful! My coach loves her so much that she's accually selling her other personal horse she's had for 11 yrs! I did basic WTC, collection and lots of trail. I've ridden many horses over the years and she's by far my favorite. I also use her for myself when I'm doing the trail rides.

Training is not exactly something I enjoy doing though. I'm not interested in starting horses at all. Green broke or better for me definately. I don't have the interest or patience, unless I'm being bribed like I was for my Coach's horse Laughing
kat399
kat399

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum